The 6 Emotional Biases Investors Face: L.O.S.E.R.S

The 6 Emotional Biases Investors Face: L.O.S.E.R.S

The Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation is often considered the highest distinction in the investment management profession. Consisting of 3 levels of exams, each one being a 6-hour exam that is held on one designated day in June set by the CFA Institute...
Why Sharia Compliant Stocks Shine in Gloom

Why Sharia Compliant Stocks Shine in Gloom

The current bull market, at more than ten years, has surpassed the average length of a bull cycle. Global economic activity and profits are declining, and some leading indicators of economic activity have been flashing red and yellow. Investors are concerned about the...
The 5 Benefits of Diversification

The 5 Benefits of Diversification

Whether you are a new investor or have had a well-tested seasoned portfolio for many years, your financial advisor has probably used the “D” word about a millions of times. Diversification (also known as “not putting all of your eggs in one basket”) is the...
The Pros and Cons of College Savings Plans

The Pros and Cons of College Savings Plans

There seems to be no end in sight to the rise in college costs. For 2018-2019, the College Board reports that the average out-of-state cost for room, board, tuition and fees at a public four-year institution came to $37,430 per year; the in-state cost was $21,370. The...
The Pros and Cons of Dividend-Paying Stocks for Muslims

The Pros and Cons of Dividend-Paying Stocks for Muslims

By ShariaPortfolio Editors The standard advice for building wealth as an investor is to aim for a “60/40” investment portfolio. This means that roughly 60 percent of your money is invested in the stock market, while the other 40 percent is invested in...